Friday, March 14, 2014

Georgia bound

In two weeks I will be headed off to Springer Mountain Georgia to hike the Appalachian Trail starting at the southern terminus. From there I will start heading northbound with two new friends of mine, Sarah  and Anna. I met them through social media forums and the day they pick me up will be the first day we actually meet in person. I cant wait!

I'm very excited to about this new adventure as I will be hiking 100 or more miles of the trail and living in the woods  for the first time for anywhere between 10 and 14 consecutive days. Although I would prefer to be thru hiking which would mean that I would be on the trail from 4 to 6 months heading from Georgia to Maine, this is just not the right time. This will be my first 100 mile continuous section hike and will give me a taste of what I will be able to experience in the future when I do thru hike.

While I am on the trail I will be carrying roughly 30 pounds in my backpack that I will be living out of during that time. I'm hoping to update this blog as I go so you can share in my adventures with me and to also let family and friends know that I'm doing okay where I am and show you some of the things I'm going to be seeing while I am out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment